Fan favorite ride returning to Kings Island

The Monster returns to operation at Kings Island for the park's opening on April 18.
The Monster returns to operation at Kings Island for the park's opening on April 18.(Kings Island)
Published: Feb. 3, 2026 at 5:28 PM EST

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Kings Island says a ride that’s been out of commission since 2024 is making a comeback in 2026.

The amusement park announced on its Facebook page Tuesday that “Monster is returning to Kings Island”.

Monster had been shut down while the park waited for parts for the ride, according to spokesperson Tony Clark.

Kings Island’s website says the ride originally opened in 1968 at Coney Island.

It was transported to Kings Island within days of Coney closing in Sept. 1971.

Kings Island opened on April 29, 1972.

Kings Island officially opens on Saturday, April 18, 2026.

There is a preview for season passholders on April 17.

Soak City will open on May 23, 2026.

See a spelling or grammatical error in our story? Please click here to report it.

Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send it to us here with a brief description.