Full circle moment: FC Cincinnati’s Miles Robinson to play in FIFA World Cup

Miles Robinson is the first FC Cincinnati player to play for Team USA in the World Cup.
Published: May 26, 2026 at 12:30 PM EDT|Updated: May 26, 2026 at 3:59 PM EDT

CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Defender Miles Robinson is making history, once again, after he was selected for the U.S. Men’s National Team’s (USMNT) roster for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

Robinson is the first FC Cincinnati player to play for Team USA in the World Cup, and the second in the club’s history to play in the tournament.

“It’s a dream come true. I’m ecstatic,” the FCC star said in a statement. “It’s an honor to represent the city and FC Cincinnati. I hope I can make them proud. I think about all the hard work which allowed me to get here, so many days waking up early, so many practices, but all that work has led me to these next few months. So, I’m hoping to be at my absolute best come the World Cup.”

Robinson is no stranger to the international stage. Since 2019, he has appeared in 38 matches for the USMNT and has scored three goals. He even traveled and played in the 2024 Paris Olympics for Team USA, making history as the first FC Cincinnati player to play in the Games.

Now Robinson is World Cup-bound, and making the roster is a full circle moment for him.

The seasoned center back (who was playing for Atlanta United FC at the time) helped get the U.S. to Qatar during the World Cup qualifying matches against Mexico, Panama, and Costa Rica in 2022.

However, his hopes of going to the Qatar World Cup were shattered months later after he ruptured his Achilles tendon during a match against Chicago Fire.

Robinson has not had any other serious injuries since then, although he did sustain a minor leg injury in April that caused him to miss three games for FC Cincinnati this season. Other than that, he has been in full-match health.

“I know what I can bring to the team and, hopefully, they understand what I can. I’m just, you know, honored and grateful to be even in this situation in the first place and am definitely hopeful and ready for the announcement,” Robinson previously told FOX19 NOW’s Joe Danneman.

Watch more FOX19 NOW videos

Roster leaked before announcement

Multiple national media outlets released what is being described as a “leaked” version of USMNT Head Coach Mauricio Pochettino’s 26-man roster days before the official announcement.

Here is the official roster:

Forwards:

  • Folarin Balogun (first-time World Cup)
  • Ricardo Pepi (first-time World Cup)
  • Haji Wright

Attacking Midfielders/wingers:

  • Brenden Aaronson
  • Christian Pulisic
  • Gio Reyna
  • Malik Tillman (first-time World Cup)
  • Tim Weah
  • Alejandro Zendejas (first-time World Cup)

Midfielders:

  • Tyler Adams
  • Sebastian Berhalter (first-time World Cup)
  • Weston McKennie
  • Cristian Roldan

Defenders:

  • Max Arfsten (first-time World Cup)
  • Sergiño Dest
  • Alex Freeman (first-time World Cup)
  • Mark McKenzie (first-time World Cup)
  • Tim Ream
  • Chris Richards (first-time World Cup)
  • Antonee Robinson
  • Miles Robinson (first-time World Cup)
  • Joe Scally
  • Auston Trusty (first-time World Cup)

Goalkeerpers:

  • Chris Brady (first-time World Cup)
  • Matt Freese (first-time World Cup)
  • Matt Turner

This will be the United States’ first time hosting the FIFA World Cup since 1994. The international event will take place across 16 host cities, including several in Canada and Mexico.

The tournament runs from June 11 to July 19. Fans can watch on FOX19 NOW.

See a spelling or grammatical error in our story? Please click here to report it.

Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send it to us here with a brief description.