New details released after man arrested at Kings Island

Authorities took a suspect into custody on a ride at Kings Island
Published: Jun. 15, 2026 at 10:43 AM EDT

MASON, Ohio (WXIX) - We are learning more about the arrest of a man at Kings Island last week.

Caleb Arnez Harris, 26, of West Chester Township, is accused of “recklessly” pointing a gun at an underage worker in the drive-thru line at Culver’s restaurant as she brought him food on Monday, June 8.

“The staff member was visibly distraught and believed Harris was going to shoot her,” police wrote in court records released Monday.

Download the FREE FOX19 NOW news app for iPhone

Download the FREE FOX19 NOW news app for Android

Caleb Harris
Caleb Harris(Warren County Sheriff's Office)

Harris was gone when police responded to the restaurant on Tylersville Road and evacuated it shortly after 6:30 p.m.

By 6:49 p.m., police determined the suspect’s vehicle was just a few miles away at Kings Island but found the gray 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix unoccupied in the parking lot, according to the incident report.

Kings Island staff pointed out Harris to police while he was on a ride, the report states.

Mason police and Warren County deputies surrounded the ride, where a police officer said he and a deputy “made contact with the male,” and the deputy handcuffed Harris behind his back.

A man was arrested at Kings Island after he allegedly pulled a gun on a restaurant employee in...
A man was arrested at Kings Island after he allegedly pulled a gun on a restaurant employee in Mason earlier the same day.(wxix)

Police took Harris and a woman to the Kings Island Security Office to speak with them, according to the report.

A Mason officer wrote in the report that the deputy advised Harris of his Miranda rights while walking back to the office.

Police drove Harris to the Warren County Jail, where he was booked on the misdemeanor charges by 9 p.m.

He pleaded not guilty in Mason Municipal Court on Tuesday, June 9, where his bond was set at 10% of $25,000 ($2,500) with an order to wear an electronic monitoring device once he was released from jail, the court docket shows.

Harris was ordered to stay away from firearms, the victim, Culver’s and Kings Island.

He was released from the jail at 11:30 a.m. Friday and sent to get his ankle monitor attached and activated, jail officials said.

Harris is scheduled to return to court for a pretrial hearing on July 2.

His lawyer declined comment.

A spokeswoman for Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, Kings Island’s parent company, said in a statement to FOX19 NOW their “security team supported local authorities’ efforts to follow up on a situation that took place earlier in the day outside the park and was unrelated to park operations.

“Following a brief pause at the ride location, the attraction resumed normal operation, and all other park activities continued as scheduled.

“Safety and security are cornerstones of our business, and the well-being of our guests remains our top priority. Further inquiries should be directed to the Mason Police Department.”

Mason police did not respond to repeated requests for interviews last week. We reached out again Monday.

The incident report is so heavily redacted that it remains unclear what kind of handgun was used in the offense and whether it was still on the suspect when he was taken into custody inside Kings Island, found in his vehicle - or somewhere else off park property.

Kings Island guests are prohibited from bringing in firearms and other items that could be considered weapons. The park’s website says those “should be left at home or secured in your vehicle.”

Park guests also go through metal detection with all bags, purses, backpacks and waist packs subject to search before entering, the website states.

See a spelling or grammatical error in our story? Please click here to report it.

Do you have a photo or video of a breaking news story? Send it to us here with a brief description.